Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Voting

Most of you know my position on voting.

I have been asked by a group very important to me to vote this November. This is one of those instances when the benefits inherent in voting are intractable and the costs extraterrestrial.

The only problem is that I have always voted for the loser (Bob Dole, Ralph Nader). Should I vote for or against? I am inclined, given my record, to vote against so that it passes.

This is the life of an overly analytical professor.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I totally forgot that you'd be here for this huge vote. Woah. I know it's a big deal for you. I won't tell you which way to vote (because they've already told us that!), but I can see your point about voting for the loser; you don't want to jinx it now by doing it any other way, right?!

JRN said...

Vote for me. I'll do the right thing!

KLS said...

How did we not know about this blog!?