I believe in forgiveness. I can even state unequivocally that I have forgiven ***** ******** [name omitted out of courtesy], but I don't believe he is yet ready for any sort of correspondence indicating such.
There is a guiding principle that is best expressed in a Blues Traveler song... "they say the past is behind us, it would be real confusing if not." I also believe that, although we may leave our intense emotion in the past, we must retain the lesson learned for use in guiding our lives through the future. Two of the more powerful messages left to us from one of my favorite books, is to retain a record of the past and to remember what happened. These become powerful forces in our life for our good. Thus when history repeats itself, we can be prepared.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so trying to forgive my crazy sister and her insane husband and I appreciate your comments--I will take it as inspiration to try harder.
With your history repeated remark, I'm a little lost. I hope no one's trying to slander you. Or is it that you've forgiven someone and they haven't forgiven you? Whatever it is, I'm impressed that you're taking the higher ground.
All water under the bridge. It was a previous rant that seemed appropriate at the time. It passed and I let it go. Now that I find that the behavior continues, it seemed appropriate to recognize.
You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Better than me in a lot of ways.
Post a Comment