I did something this week that I haven't done in a very long time. I wrote my senators and representative. Generally, I don't think that they care about me, in fact I know that they don't care about me. Nevertheless, I got mad enough at the bailout that I wrote them all e-mails. In fact I wrote Senator Feinstein twice about it. I promised to work hard against their political futures if they did not vote against the bill. They must have listened. Yeah right.
"Bush and a host of leading congressional figures had implored the lawmakers to pass the legislation despite howls of protest from their constituents back home. " This must have been a nail-biter... [the thoughts of some fictitious representative] "Do I trust the President who has lied to us at least a number of times about crises, or do I listen to the voters who elected me...?" I would have reported on the vote of my representative if the Clerk of the House website hadn't just crashed.
Congrats to the House for not supporting the bailout plan!! If I voted, I would keep voting for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Why so Emo? You changed your background to black (you closet environmentalist you!) and your profile pic is now all haggard and hip. I wish my lawn was like you so it would cut itself.
"Hello?"
"Hey Rach!"
"How's your day been?"
"GREAT! I'M SO HAPPY!"
"Oh? Did you get a million dollar grant?"
"No! But I don't have to bail out the banks!"
Fantastic. Glad it made your day.
:)
Post a Comment