I am going to drive home right now (12:43am). I will wake up in 4 hours and be back at 6:30am. I spent the majority of my day doing housework with my family, I left for work around 4pm, taught a class, and worked on prepping classes until this very moment. Although my on campus time is 7.5 hours, with the commute, I have around 9hrs dedicated to my job today. I am not complaining in the slightest - who wouldn't love this job? - I am just saying that the flexible schedule of a professor sometimes creates a bit of schedule yoga.
Tonight, one of my students told me that her sons wants to be a philosophy professor so that he can read books all day long, teach on occasion, and spend the majority of his life on the beach or surfing. Yeah, me too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment