What are you to do when you don't have any plans but tons of responsibilities on a nice Saturday in southern California? Write lectures like you need to do? Clean the house? No. Buy annual Disneyland passes and go play? Of course!
We decided at around 10 am that it would be a good treat to have annual passes so that R and the fam could just go in for a couple of hours when they didn't know what to do. By 10:30 we had packed up and were on our way for a couple of hours at the happiest place on earth. By 3:30 we were in full 'Disneyland mode' and decided to continue on to California Adventure. We had never been before, but because it was included in the pass, why not check it out? It was much more enjoyable than any of us imagined. We stumbled on the nightly parade, and E.'s face was priceless. R. Indicated that that was worth the prive of the annual prices. I disagree. I think that visiting Disneyland more than 6 times (the zero marginal cost visit) is worth having the pass. Around 7pm, almost 4 hours past our anticipated return time, we drove to In-n-Out burger to finish our unplanned California adventure. It was 8:45 before we got home. Both R and I have a few things that need done, like prepping classes. Should I have done that? Yes. Was it more fun to just be a Californian today? Of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow. I want to be a californian. I'm so jealous right now. I bet that was sooo fun.
Hooray for spontaneity!
Earlene
thanks for taking us. i love you.
Post a Comment