I have never liked the Senate. The underlying principle behind the Senate is to establish a body of representatives who were less likely to be swayed by the whirlwind of fleeting public concerns from the ignorant masses. Thus, they get to serve 6 year terms and only 1/3 are up for election at a time.
In this case, I feel like the role of the Senate has been switched with that of the public. Apparently it was the public who wanted to ride out the storm a little longer before making a compulsive decision, and the Senate who was ignorant.
As promised, I encourage all voters to not re-elect any of the Senate yea voters, including and specifically, our two current Senators from the State of California, Senator Boxer and Senator Feinstein. I plan on reiterating this message in class during each election period until they are ousted from office. I also committed to do everything within my power to dissuade everyone that I met from supporting them, so consider this the first of many jabs. This makes me mad enough that I am even considering a run for office.
Hurray and congrats to the nay voters, may you be blessed with overwhelming success in your political careers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I predict that, when the House passes this thing, you'll become cynical again and stop wanting to participate in the system. As a bonus, though, I read an editorial in the Wall Street Journal about how many people involved in the AIG "bailout" now wish the government would make the loan smaller and take less control of the company, but the government isn't on board with it. No reaction is so consistently wrong as an overreaction.
Post a Comment