Friday, July 25, 2008

Problem

It all started with the pedals.



I started reading biking websites and found that I might want to try a single speed bike. It has the benefits of simplicity, robustness, and all of the current kudos for being in the know. I called one of my wife's cousins. He had a decked out single speed bike that we would trade for one of my collectible items.



So, now I own two new bikes. Both of which are red.



I re-geared the bike so that I can make it my rainy day commuter.



I understand that my legs will thank me. If nothing else, all of the cool kids will love to see an en vogue, bow tie wearing, bike riding professor.

2 comments:

Jesica Eastman said...

LOL. What rainy days?

The Rhiens said...

My all time favorite bike was a 3 speed that I rode on my mission...wish I could have figured out a way to bring it back from Switzerland. Loved that thing! Hope you enjoy your new rides.

Earlene