Saturday, July 19, 2008

Routine reading


When we moved to F-town two years ago I fell in love with this book. It was my wife's grandma's. when we moved out of their house, I longed to have a copy. Then about a year ago, I got one as a present. Mine happens to be a version prior to the printing of other volumes. And, until tonight, I had no idea that there were other volumes.

It is a compilation of "single-sitting summaries" of great books, biographies, and quotes. I have recently read about Einstein, Madison, Jefferson, Adams, Washington, Copernicus, and Galileo. I have also read the summaries of about 15 books that I never got around to reading when I was younger. The best part is that they really are single-sitting summaries! Enough said.

2 comments:

Jesica Eastman said...

My Mom told me you don't believe in voting. I want to know why. Maybe when you move here we can go for coffee (which we don't really drink but THINK WE LOOK COOL drinking a FAKE COFFEE) and you can tell me all about it. I also want to know who you are going to vote for.
:)

Brandon T. Minster said...

Unrelated: so tell me about you Linux. Does it have a GUI or do you have to actually know something about computing? That's the thing I want to know; if it's all point-and-click, I'm all over it, but if it requires me to do ANYTHING in a DOS prompt, I'll cry "uncle" (which isn't as much fun as crying "havoc") and keep giving Microsoft my money.