Thursday, February 7, 2008

Odd feeling...

Yesterday, I treated myself to a Temple session and a pizza prior to my night class instead of prepping and re-prepping my classes. (Temple picture to come as soon as I get my camera from home.) The Temple recently reopened after some remodeling and it was a nice break from the world.
I am relentlessly cheap when it comes to almost everything, so on my way home I stopped for a cheap treat, a take and bake pizza. I settled for the Papa Murphy's cheapest special, the chicken artichoke bacon De-Light pizza. I went home and quickly cooked it. It tasted really good but didn't sit right. While I felt okay, I just didn't feel right. The class was a disaster as I lost my train of thought, watched people almost fall asleep, and rambled all over the place. I went home and almost directly to sleep.
I woke up today with the same not me feeling, so I ditched the bow tie and went with some slacks, a nice corduroy shirt, and my favorite tennis shoes. The rationale was that I really didn't want to wear the same shoes that I have been wearing for the last few weeks (a discontinued, elf-appropriate green Clarks dress shoe) . They are comfortable, but no variation makes 'jack a dull boy'. Consequently, I couldn't reasonably wear a bow tie with blue Adidas Gazelles (although after today, I may try it sometime). Then, I tried to determine if I could get away with jeans, but quickly decided not to risk it since I haven't ever seen anyone here teach in jeans. (What would PJ do if he couldn't wear running shorts?) I am comfortable, but still not me. I feel like I betrayed all of those students who trusted in the bow tie. The class went well, in fact really well, so I feel a little better about myself. Still not myself, just better about myself.
Tomorrow will be another bow tie. If I go too long without one, the students may think that I am getting cooler, er, soft.

1 comment:

Rachel Clare said...

You ARE soft. :)
I'm glad you wore your Adidas today. You should do it more often.