Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Gone

My family left today from a two week visit. It was nice to have them here. I essentially dropped everything except for class maintenance and we played. We went to the beach both weekends and visited sites in and around Portland on the other days.


During their stay we had our first visit from the rodent class. We saw one mouse, which quickly changed into mice. I bought traps and within five days, I had trapped/killed 6 mice. I told my apartment owner that I had a one-year old crawling on the floor and the where I was from mice meant hantavirus and probable sickness. She said that it was out of place to complain about mice because we are in their habitat. She offered to lend me a cat for my duration in the apartment.


While my family visited, it was sunny and warm. Now that they are gone I imagine that Oregon will retake its prevalence over the atmosphere and return to dismal gray.


I will miss the warmth of the house with R, R, and E around. Now it is time to buckle down and finish projects until I see them again.

2 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

I'm missing you already.

Mofra said...

I love they way you reference the warm and sunshine to your family and greyness to the emptiness...well written DR.BT (At least it's not Dr. BM!)