After lunch, I did some more work and then went to mail my Fullerton contract. This is the view from my office to the south.
I went to the post office and bought a stamp and placed it in the bin. These little boxes with stickers are where the students get their mail. I thought it was really unique the first time that I saw it, so I decided to take a picture.
I came back to the office and did a little more work. This picture is from before lunch, but it was better than the one I took later. This is literally what I see almost all of my day at school.
I had a chat with one of the other professors and decided to go home. On the way home (and there), I have to walk around this roundabout. The cars are generally good about stopping when people are in the crosswalk, but not always. Just beyond the crosswalk is the law school. I go through the parking lot of the law school and meet up with the trail that I showed on the earlier post.

Then back across the main road and down my street to my house. On the far left of the house is the access to my apartment. The upstairs is being rented by a nice young couple who generally leave me alone.

If you go to the left of the house (in the picture) you get to my upper door.

If you continue on down the side of the house, you get to the chickens and my sliding glass door. I primarily use the upper door just because I don't like muddy feet. If I really wanted to be earthy, I would pass the chickens each day and tell them how much I like eating their eggs.

This is a picture of my backyard and view from my windows. It is very green and surprisingly sunny (when there is sun). It is part of the Tryon Creek State Park, but you can't get here via any trails.

When I got home, I decided to go on a run. I love my stretchy pants.

For my run, I went to Tryon Creek State Park. It is the same trail that passes the law school (the one I use every day) but if you continue on, it will go all the way to Lake Oswego. I only went a little over two miles one way, but I took a picture of part of the trail near the nature center. The vegetation is very dense as you can see.

After the run, I stretched on the floor.

And then I ate some chicken enchiladas. I made them the other day and then froze them. I put them in the oven at 350 for almost 2 hours, and they were not fully cooked. I also put some mexican sausage over a portion to add extra flavor. It was pretty good.

After dinner I sat down to do some work, but decided to sit and relax instead. I will get up early instead of work late into the night.

My normal routine for bed entails getting in PJs (you don't need a picture). Brushing my teeth (no picture for you), prayer, and reading my scriptures and other books. I am almost done with the Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage, and I just started Gospel Symbolism by Joseph Fielding McConkie.

I set my alarm for 5am so that I can be to school around 630 at the latest.

I have a lot of other things that I should do, but there is always something to be done. Sleep calls.
2 comments:
Dear Daddy,
I love your fun pictures. I love that cool trail to your school and I love the picture with the chickens. I'm excited to go up there.
I love you,
Elias
So you think I don't need to see you in pajama pants, but for some reason I had to be subjected to a shot of your in your stretchy pants? Where are your priorities, boy?
You live a much more adventurous life than I. If I had to move to Oregon, I'd end up in some apartment. You have chickens and a state forest in your backyard. Well played, sir.
Post a Comment