Monday, April 6, 2009

Facebook migration post

Since not all of my readers (the millions of you) are my facebook friends, I decided to migrate this post to my blog. Initially I had intended to place it here, but I got lazy and posted it there. Blogging is much better than using facebook, but most sites have facebook links readily available.

The narcotraficantes are seemingly running roughshod over the Mexican police. Earlier in the year, there were reports that Mexico was on the verge of collapse and the USA might have to rescue the government in order to preserve peace. I thought that it might be opportunism on our part to be able to literally control 75% of North America. "If you read through the article, it says that these assault rifles come in part from Los Angeles and San Francisco... two cities where it is already illegal to purchase these weapons. You can't trace the legal sale of these guns back to California when it is illegal to sell them there. I can see them coming from Arizona and Texas where gun laws are lax, but you can't say that more laws are needed to control cross border flow of assault rifles if the guns are coming from states where it is illegal to purchase them." How do you track illegally purchased guns? If you can track them, why not stop them?

1 comment:

PL Rath said...

A very true observation. It never ceases to amaze me that the solution to the illegal gun problem for many in the US is to regulate guns even more. I think they missed the "illegal" part of the problem.