
I have been drooling over a motorcycle for approximately 700 years. On the top of my list are the Triumph Scrambler, the BMW F650, and the Ducati GT1000. My wife has been longing for a dog in a similar manner. I hate dogs and she hates thinking that I will die in a motorcycle accident. A couple of months ago I put my foot down and said, "if you get a dog, I'm getting a bike." She actually understood that I was serious.
After today, I know a motorcycle won't kill me. it will be too many gulab jamun. These little warm, sweet, donut-like Indian treats will be the death of me. That, and a number of other foods that I simply refuse to give up. I have a serious addiction to saturated fat, sugar, and cheeses. My veins and arteries are likely more clogged than the freeways here in SoCal.
2 comments:
When I saw that picture at the top, I honestly paused and asked myself, "Self, knowing JT as we do, do we want to continue reading this post and find out what the HECK those things are?" Ultimately the answer was a suspicious yes, with one finger poised on the X, ready to close the page if it got too gross.
Then I read your description and the Wikipedia page, and I started drooling. Then I asked, "Self, where the HECK are we gonna find some of those?!" I'm going to try them as soon as I get the chance...!
Gulab jamun... they are AMAZING! When I lived in Pakistan I would eat those things like they were popcorn. They are the ultimate dessert. Glad to know another jamun-junkie!
As for your longing for motorcycles, I sympathize. Though I tend to prefer crotch rockets, I know that my lust for speed would ultimately be my undoing. So, instead, I content myself with driving my dad's fun and fast cars whenever I go home to visit.
A possible compromise for you both: a vespa and a cat?
Post a Comment