Monday, August 9, 2010

... the mice will play.

The cat left and took two of the kittens. What should you expect from the mice? - A seriously crazy long day full of fun and adventure.

In chronological order:
1. get up, eat breakfast, pack the car
2. take mom and sisters to the airport in OC
3. ride to the car mega mart and look at mini coopers
4. ride to the gas station for a soda and candy
5. ride to dad's work
6. play video games on the computer while dad tries to work
7. ride scooter around campus while dad has an impromptu meeting
8. go to Ruby's for lunch (eat french fries with meal)
9. play video games while dad tries to work
9.5 eat some candy, gum, and other generally unwelcome items
10. go to class when I would normally be going to bed (7pm class start time)
11. play ipod games while dad holds a two hour class
12 get out of class in time to quickly pack up and
13. ride to Disneyland to watch the fireworks from the top floor of the parking garage
14. ride to Arby's for a sandwich (only to find that they had cleaned their shake machine)
15. ride to McDonalds for an ice cream cone
16. fall asleep in the car (sometime around 10:45pm)

What kid wouldn't have loved that day? I just hope that he can remember.
I will never forget how many sincere thank you's I heard.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is so rad!!! You are a great daddy, JT. I'm sure he'll remember being spoiled like this. :)

Alison B said...

sheesh, I would have loved all that stuff! What a fun day! you are a great dad! I love that it is just the boys at home. I bet you'll make lots of memories. how fun.

Kate said...

Too funny. Love that. Next time I have to get through a long day with the kiddos I'm gonna do it your way.