I understand that I hurt someone's feeling with one of my last blog posts. I apologize. I didn't think that my opinion was important enough to you to change how you feel about yourself or others. My opinion shouldn't do that anyway. Nevertheless, I am sorry to have caused you discomfort.
I didn't even know that people really read my blog (besides the very few of you who make occasional comments). This is a major problem of social media. I don't know who reads my blog and I don't care. I believe that I say truthful things, but you are free to disagree. You are even free to make a comment in the comment section without my moderation. I don't have a vendetta against anyone specific in this blog - it is my open journal to the world about the things that make me tick. Occasionally, I will work out problems here, or grapple with things that I fail to understand. I have invited you into my world through my willingness to be open.
This openness has rightly caused some concern for my spouse. Please do not take the opinions represented here as hers. She is so good that she won't even read this blog. This was to be an anonymous blog for my family while I was away in Oregon. Then I started using it to track stories that I wanted to remember for class. The inclusion of my housing pictures early on blew my cover. It has served its purpose well, to enable to me write the occasional journal entry and document my life and thoughts. I am a weird dude- I'll leave it at that.
I completely agree with something that my grandfather used to say: "the person with the most power in a relationship is the one who cares least." I am sorry, I thought that you had the power.
In a few weeks, I will change this to a private blog. Not that it matters... I rarely post and nobody really knows what I'm talking about anyway. Why should they, I'm really not that important.
Best,
The Bowtie Professor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I do read your blog... sometimes. And I love you fiercely even though I don't always share your opinions.
I read your blog and want to be included when you go private if you are including people.
Also, I say things all the time that unintentionally hurt others. It's a curse! But if they don't tell me I did it, I don't feel too guilty. If they do tell me I hurt their feelings, I sincerely apologize (just like you did) and move on. You can't always be worried about everything you say and how all your opinions might rub someone else the wrong way. Hang in there, JT!
I am sorry to see your blog go private since I read it very often (well as often as you post). And I like what you have to say, one pseudo poli-sci geek to a professional one.
I began by asking myself, "Which of his blog posts have offended me," and then I realized the real question is, "Which HASN'T offended me?!"
And congrats on the "adult content" warning Blogger gave me when I clicked over to leave a comment. When it comes to objectionable content, you don't do it half-way. You go in style.
Post a Comment