Friday, April 9, 2010
Dumb movies
My wife left town for the week and I impulsively bought a 46" television. I have watched more movies in the last week than I care to admit. I love the 120hz clear motion picture, which has made even the original Superman look nice. What it can't fix is a horrible plot or poor research. Take for example 2012. The special effects are great but two hours of near death misses doesn't make much of a plot. I was excited to see the G.I. Joe movie and it generally lived up to my expectations. It all started to break down for me near the end of the movie when the base beneath the ice cap is exploding. During the under sea chase, chunks of ice start 'falling' through the water on the vehicles below. When a screen writer doesn't know that ice floats, I can't lend them any respect. Seriously, look at your drink in a restaurant. Idiots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you are hilarious. seriously. just went and bought a tv, watched it all week. funny. I'll have to agree with dumb movies. You should have watched "The Devil Wears Prada" or maybe "New Moon".
We watched 2012 a couple weeks ago. We kept commenting on how many times the plane could take off from a falling apart runway.
maybe it was super ice.
Post a Comment