In the last month, I cooked the thanksgiving meal for nine people, finished all of the preparations for the semester, stained, finished, and installed a new front door, replaced our sliding glass rear door with a winged french door, trimmed-out both doors, wrote two final exams, graded 90 papers, went to Disneyland, remodeled my kitchen, planted the major plants of our front yard, harvested some carrots, played co-host to my mother's visit, played Dad quite a bit, and tried to conduct class as if everything were normal. It seems like there was more, but I can't remember that far back.
Obviously the most prominent was the kitchen, of which I am most impressed. We bought cabinets and appliances on Wednesday and Thursday and started the demolition on Friday night around 6pm. My good friend did a couple hours of demo work and left around 8:30pm. I worked until around 3:30am, then showered and went to sleep. I was up around 7am to help with the kids, back to work at 8am, out the door to take advantage of the free bulk disposal service provided by the city. I made two trips in a borrowed truck. I finished installing the cabinets and counter tops with the help of the same good friend. We finished around 6pm so the we could eat some dinner. I was back to finish the plumbing around 8:30pm. Around 9:45pm I realized that I didn't have all of the necessary pieces, and all of the stores were closed. I tried to finish what I could. (It turns out later that I did have the right pieces to finish the kitchen drain.) I don't shop on Sunday, so the kitchen had to wait until Monday after work. On my way home from work, I bought all of the necessary pieces and had everything except the range hooked up by 9pm. I called a friend to help with the gas line and it was all completed by 5pm on Tuesday. Had I had some guts and an all night hardware store, I think that I could have had it all done by Saturday night. I only really got frustrated with the lack of pieces, a small leak that promptly went away, and the incompatibility of our old gas line with new hookups. After retelling the story, I never want to do that again. Alas, knowing me, I probably will.
Yesterday we received a box from Justin's Nut Butter. While the company may be favoring a highly pragmatic description of their products and services, I can't get over the sophomoric references that are requisite to be made. Having said that, I think I need to stop.
2 comments:
wow...that is very impressive!!! i'm so proud of you. THat is awesome. How about a before and after picture so I can ooohh and aaahh some more!
Are you coming to ohio for Christmas??
I've heard Justin's Nut Butter is the best!
Post a Comment