Since I arrived at CSUF, there have been thefts of various office items on our floor. Initially, it was change or knickknacks. Then, it was a piece of a tripod used to create archive photos of documents that went missing (worthless without the tripod, but expensive to replace). Finally, a very vocal professor realized that he had been robbed of his potpies. Evidently, the bandit had been munching on the potpies while canvassing the floor for items of value in the offices. Thus, the thief was given the name The Potpie Bandit.
Today, I got hit. I was here until around 10pm and back at 6:30 am. In that time, there are very few people who could have entered my office and pilfered my possessions. I believe that I have had a few (of my hundred or so) books taken. I can't tell which ones are gone, but there are spaces on the shelf where there weren't before. I am certain that they will find new homes via eBay.
More importantly, I lost about 10 Kudos bars. They were my precious breakfast and afternoon treats. Evidently the potpie bandit likes both sugary and savory snacks. Either that, or the economic downturn IS really affecting everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Maybe it's because you caused a panic with all your talk of Great Depression firings!
Seriously, though, I can't stand people who are that petty and stupid. That's totally the work of someone who lacks the cojones to tell you, "JT, I've been offended by you lately," so he thinks, "I'll steal his Kudos bars and take his books!"
I hope you find the offender and string him up in a quad for buzzards to slowly eat.
okay, hilarious. I mean, not really, because Kudos are hard to come by. those are precious, but how random, that little stinker!!! you don't take that crap! someone needs security cameras....and I guess you need a safe for your valuables, like, say, your wallet and Kudos.
First off...isn't your office door locked? If so, than one can only assume it is an inside job.
I feel your pain. Somebody keeps taking oatmeal and granola bars out of my desk. No one else has that problem at work but I'm probably the only one with a weeks supply of food in my desk.
I think of all the things that someone could steal...well, I just don't think that pot pies would be high on MY list, if I were going to steal something. Know what I mean? Good luck figuring out where your stuff is going.
Earlene
Post a Comment