Thursday, October 9, 2008

Obvious (cont.)

I went to the Dean's office today to pick up a reimbursement check. While there I had a chat with one of the administrative assistants. I asked her about the budget cuts and told her about the Great Depression conversation with the colleague. She ensured me that my job was safe and the first people to go would be the lecturers. That puts me more towards the middle of the pack in case they decide to fire anyone. Maybe I bought those water barrels in haste.

5 comments:

Alison B said...

well, glad to hear you are pretty safe. but the water barrels are still a good idea. we have two, but they are empty. what is wrong with us?? we dont' know how to open them to put water in them.

Rachel Clare said...

we have water barrels in our garage. and no where to park our car.

(but i'm glad you bought them jt. really. i am.)

Brandon T. Minster said...

Does Dave Attell know you use his picture as your own?

JT said...

We had to buy a 'bung wrench' to open them. That's right a 'bung wrench.'

What Dave Attell hasn't told you is that he is my body double in training. For when I end up taking over the world and need some sniper fodder.

JRN said...

The only thing better then big barrels of water are big barrels of fermented water.