Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My new favorite reference

I stumbled upon what has become my new favorite reference site. I was looking for an explanation of why one uses "e.g." instead of "i.e." When I went up one web level and saw the entire list, I spent a while just smiling at all of the ways in which we use the English language poorly. I am not an expert and often make errors, and I think it is a little obsessive to list them all, but what a great list!

By the way, did anyone see my other new favorite link?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

With those MODELS on that bowtie article, that's my new favorite site too! ;)

Nancy said...

I was just wondering the other day if I should feel bad that I think less of people who write a lot as one word. But now I have that whole list to prove that I really shouldn't have been given a degree in English... let alone the certificate to teach it to other people.