With all of the grading, painting, and election work, it has been along time since I posted. I have a major announcement coming in the next few days that I thought I would have ready by last Wednesday. Expect something good in the next few days/hours.
Until then, some updates...
I found out that I burn approximately 1200 calories each day from my 20 mile bike commute. Unfortunately, I have chosen to replace each of those calories on a unit for unit basis with saturated fat, dextrose, or high fructose corn syrup*. If I could ever overcome these three addictions, I might return to my pre-marriage weight of 168.
Between grading and preparing for classes, I repainted the house. We chose a color combination that simply didn't suit the house or our style. It looked as if it belonged on any beach in Latin America or the Mediterranean. Instead of repainting the entire house, I repainted the trim. This means that I have painted every wall and ceiling inside and outside of the house except for both bathrooms and the kitchen. Those are scheduled to be remodeled within the coming year, so I'll be painting them then.
Replacement windows are scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. Guess who will be installing them.
My garden has been a success on many accounts. We have tomatoes, basil, rosemary, a couple of cucumbers, a zucchini, and the start of peas. Wednesday I harvested all of my radishes and planted parilla leaves, spinach, and swiss chard.
And last of all, I made good on a promise I made to R. when we bought the house; we bought a Volvo. I seriously hope that she forgets about the promise that I made about getting a dog.
* I saw an advertisement for corn syrup the other day. They made the point that the caloric value was equivalent to both honey and beet sugar. How far have we come to have ads for ingredients?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Is the secret that you are the greatest?
Sweet! I love having you nearby...being able to bop in and say hi...you are an awesome brother!!!! I'm anxious for the news...what could it be????
So are you going to post the news or what. You said a couple of days and it has been much longer than that.
wow, you sound super busy, I get tired just thinking about it.
Post a Comment