Last night I went to visit a BCL friend, JRN. He and I share similar hairstyles, among other things. He is also a displaced Midwesterner with a sensibility about life. He loves mines and reclamation, and I have lost all interest. In the absence of an involved owner, we ran a successful business, walked a lot of miles, and shared 2 great seasons of fieldwork.We and a couple of friends went to Sonic and then to Denny's. I was out until past midnight. It felt like I was an undergrad again. We talked smack and watched the only un-committed person in the group hit on all of the waitresses. Only a few things would have made it more of an undergrad night... eating wings, walking home, getting lost, eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's, and watching some horrible tv show like Beavis and Butthead.
Having said all of that, I can't believe that I turned out to be a bowtie prof.
2 comments:
You know, when I think back on the scant details I know about your former life, I can't believe you're a bowtie professor either! :) But that's part of your charm, being unpredictable, even in all your logicalness (yeah, I know it's not a word).
So glad you had a good time out with the boys.
Post a Comment